Rumlang

'Oerlikon' took me to a name ' Advani Oerlikon ' that was based in Pune. I have vague memory of they manufacturing 'welding electrodes' but I could be wrong. Over the years, Advani has disappeared but resurfaced again when we got down at 'Oerlikon' railway station to proceed to 'Rumlang'- our first destination of 10 day vacation in Switzerland.

No matter how frequently I travel or study before I travel, first day at the new destination is invariably 'faux pah'. I had used google map to find out train from Zurich airport to Rumlang. Why train ? because we had Swiss pass and wanted to use it. After clicking train, route gave me two trains with a stopover at 'Oerlikon'. We got down at a station which was no bigger than ' Talegaon' but with no signboards for 'Rumlang' and having a big suitcase, we decided to take a cab. Cabbie turned out to be from Ghana - who had studied in Mumbai and stayed in Juhu over 30 years ago. " Holiday Inn Express , Rumlang ' ? That's next to the airport !!!!... It took 50 CHF to reach a hotel , from whose window we could see planes taking off. ' Most foreign travelers do same mistake, they come to Holiday Inn city instead of Rumlang', he pacified me. But after a while I realized my folly. Google Map provides three options, Car, Tram and Train. I didn't pay attention to the subtle pictorial difference between Train and Tram.

Anyway, we reach Holiday Inn Express , Rumlang and realize that they provide free shuttle to airport and city. A big gain at the loss of no utilization of Swiss pass.

Comments

chamadii said…
This is an beautiful post. This can be more useful for us. Everything is fantastic in this post so keep continue to these type of post.

Popular posts from this blog

10cc gulp and 24 hour high

Rabbit and Tortoise story in Marathi musical

Madhav Julian and Indiver -प्रेमस्वरुप आई and Zindgi Ka Safar